Located in the heart of Happy Valley Glen, one of Lafayette’s most desirable neighborhoods, this well designed, custom built contemporary home is light and bright with soaring ceilings, numerous skylights, many floor to ceiling walls of glass windows and doors that offer a most inviting California indoor/outdoor living environment. With a spacious interior, extra living spaces, and a flexible floor plan, this wonderful home also has a great location, conveniently close to vibrant downtown Lafayette, freeway access, BART, and top rated schools.
– Welcoming Entry with a custom wood front door with side and clerestory windows and a high ceiling inviting natural light into the home. Concrete with paver inset flooring, recessed lighting also featured.
– Open Family/Great Room with vaulted tongue and groove ceiling, skylight with lighting, extensive built-in cabinetry for generous storage, great walls for art display. A fantastic venue for many themed events and entertaining over the years.
– Light filled Dining Room with high vaulted ceiling, a wall of glass with clerestory windows and sliding door open out to the spacious deck adorned with mature Meyer lemon trees and a picturesque, private backyard.
– Lovely Living Room with built-in cabinetry with shelving, vaulted ceiling, contemporary track lighting, wood burning fireplace and glass sliding doors that open out to the greenhouse.
– The attached, climate controlled greenhouse with glass doors, pebble floor, and interior windows adds to the indoor/outdoor ambiance.
– Private Master Retreat with high vaulted ceiling, sliding glass doors to deck and pool, operable skylight and new carpeting. Linen closet, large bath with double vanity, two closets including one walk-in, two windows, tile shower with bench, window and frameless shower door, private w.c.
– Bright Kitchen has 4-burner gas stove, double stainless sink, instant hot water heater, compactor, microwave, tile backsplash, skylights and recessed lighting. Kahr Swedish wood flooring extends into eating and laundry areas.
– Sunny Informal Eating Area with a wall of glass and clerestory windows, vaulted tongue and groove ceiling, two contemporary lights, built-in cabinetry and desk.
– Laundry Area has built-in cabinetry, washer/dryer hook-ups, and space for a bench and coat hooks. Outside door opens out to side yard with an exterior pantry, a sport court/play area, and dog run.
– Media Room has built-in cabinetry/entertainment center, built-in speakers, wood vaulted ceiling and Kahr Swedish wood flooring.
– Two updated full Baths, one with a pedestal sink, tile shower with frameless door, built-in cabinet, and light porcelain tile floor. The second with a tile shower over tub, light porcelain tile floors and vanity with sink. Linen closet in hall.
– Separate Bedroom Wing with four additional bedrooms, central play/work/family room, and sixth bedroom/office.
– Central family room includes built-in cabinetry with desk, two skylights, recessed lighting and vaulted ceiling.
– Bedrooms two and three have glass sliders open to covered deck, operable skylights with shades, recessed lighting, and outfitted closets.
– Bedroom four, the “porthole room,” has glass slider to covered deck and pool, double closets, built-in dressers with shelf, vaulted ceiling, recessed lights and operable skylights.
– Bedroom five has vaulted tongue and groove ceiling, built-in bookcases, double closets and glass slider to deck.
– Bedroom six/office features two closets with cupboards, built-in bookcases, wall of windows with Roman shades, vaulted ceiling, new carpeting.
– Detached bonus building in the backyard. One side has a room with built-in cabinetry, shelving, work areas, windows on three sides, electrical service, and concrete flooring, a perfect space for a work out, play room or get-away private office. The other side is a room with a separate entrance for pool equipment and storage.
– Two-car Garage with workbench, cabinetry and sink. Two additional off street parking spaces. Four operable skylights, central air conditioning in the main living areas.
Situated on .58 acres, the property has fabulous yards with a beautiful, private and mature outdoor setting framed by lush greenery and tower-ing redwood trees. Expansive deck, level lawns, large sparkling pool with mechanical cover and solar heating, gorgeous gardens including roses, hydrangea, camellia, numerous perennials, Meyer lemon, navel orange, quince, and guava trees. Two good sized side yards are ideal for garden or play.
Happy Valley Glen is truly one of Lafayette’s most wonderful places to live. Many residents walk the neighborhood, to BART and to town. It is so centrally located for commuting, downtown Lafayette for shopping and restaurants, the Lafayette Library & Learning Center for all ages, and top rated Lafayette schools.
Top Rated Schools: Happy Valley Elementary, Stanley Intermediate, Acalanes High School District (check with school districts for availability)